Bodine Electric continued its work with Millikin University with our work on the new $29M Center for Theatre and Dance, which officially opened in fall 2020.
With a 260-seat flexible theatre at its center, the 61,000-square-foot facility is the university’s hub for performing arts education. The facility also holds multiple labs, studios and classrooms, as well as office space for the School of Theatre and Dance.
Bodine’s scope of work on the project included both the electrical and data/technology backbone of the facility, including:
- Installation of new 4,160V feed, directionally bored to a new 750KVA 4,160V:480V transformer
- Power distribution
- Installation of 80kW generator for emergency power
- Lighting, lighting controls, site lighting
- Firm alarm system
- Installation of telecommunications cabling
- Areas of rescue system
- Access control and video surveillance
- Managed subcontracted work including A/V systems and lighting protection
This project employed BIM and was modeled to a Level of Development of 400.